Sainsbury’s is planning to extend and enhance its popular foodstore in Shrewsbury, to provide customers with an improved shopping experience.
• An 18,000sq ft (1,676sq m) extension to the existing foodstore
• The relocation of the customer café to a new first floor mezzanine level,
• accessed by lifts, stairs and travelators
• New customer entrance
• An improved and wider product range and store layout
• A new single storey car park level added to provide more than 100
• extra spaces
• Improved road layout and access to and from the store
• A new petrol station, redesigned to alleviate queuing and provide
• easier access, more pumps and a new car wash
To increase the number of car parking spaces, Sainsbury’s plans to build a new level over part of the existing car park to the side of the store. Vehicles would access this via a ramp and customers would then be able to walk directly into the store and café from this level.
Thank you for your support!
We are now looking at a timing strategy to start the extension works
The plans for Sainsbury’s Shrewsbury will create around 70 full and part-time job opportunities. Sainsbury’s employment policy is to recruit the majority of staff from the local community and we will work with the local Jobcentre Plus to ensure that this is achieved.